The Technical Cyber Auditing Course
The Technical Cyber Auditing, Cyber Essentials PLUS Course is run over two days by NEDforum. This course requires a certain level of hands-on knowledge of networks and operating systems. To get the most from the course, you must be familiar with command line operating system interaction, such as DOS/Linux. You should familiarise yourself with the following tools, NMAP, Nikto, Nessus, Burp Suite, Microsoft Security Baseline Analyser.
The course will contain practicals as well as a final exam, you will be assessed throughout the course for your ability to perform a security audit upon a network. You must achieve an overall pass score in order to lead a Cyber Essential Plus audit.
IASME requires that anyone who applies to become an IASME assessor to offer Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus and/or IASME Governance assessment to clients must meet a certain level of skill and experience.
This is usually demonstrated by meeting both of the following requirements:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in information technology or cyber security
- Hold at least one of the following qualifications or memberships:
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- Certified Professional (CCP) scheme – either SIRA, IA Auditor or IA Architect roles at any level
- Full member of Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP)
This Course is also accredited to the GCHQ Certified Training scheme. The course is certified to Application Level in the IISP core skills D1 (Information Assurance Methodologies), D2 (Security Testing) and G1 (Audit and Review).