The Technical Cyber Auditing Course
This course is run over two days by NEDforum. All Cyber Essentials PLUS assessors, who do not have a recognised technical auditing qualification (as outlined below*) will need to attend and pass this course. This course requires a certain level of hands-on knowledge of networks and operating systems. To get the most from the course, you must be familiar with command line operating system interaction, such as DOS/Linux. You should familiarise yourself with the following tools, NMAP, Nikto, Nessus, Burp Suite, Microsoft Security Baseline Analyser.
The course will contain practicals as well as a final exam, you will be assessed throughout the course for your ability to perform a security audit upon a network. You must achieve an overall pass score in order to lead a Cyber Essential Plus audit.
*To be exempt from this two-day Technical Cyber Auditing training, you must hold one of the following recognised technical auditing qualifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) - GCHQ-certified
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) - GCHQ-certified
- Tranchulas Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPTP) - GCHQ-certified
- 7Safe Certified Security Testing Associate (CSTA) - GCHQ-certified
- Learning Tree Penetration Testing training - GCHQ-certified
- QA Advanced Infrastructure Hacking training - GCHQ-certified
- CompTIA PenTest+
- CREST Registered Penetration Tester
- CREST Certified Infrastructure Tester
- TigerScheme CHECK Team Member (CTM/QSTM)
- TigerScheme CHECK Team Leader (CTL/SST)
- Cyber Scheme Team Member (CSTM)
Cyber Scheme Team Leader (CSTL)
In addition, all assessors, must attend the one-day Cyber Essentials PLUS Procedures course. This course covers the specifics of assessing to Cyber Essentials PLUS including example scenarios, procedures for interacting with clients and IASME and details of the requirements.
You will therefore either attend three days or one day of training, depending on your existing technical auditing qualifications.
Please contact [email protected] in order to book this course.